Tuesday, June 28, 2011

If you get the chance, you must dance, dance, dance

Summer has only JUST started, but I'm already thinking of what I want to stock my Fall wardrobe with: I'm intrigued by the idea of sheer maxi skirts paired with leggings, and I need new leggings, and new boots... But I'm resisting the urge to shop for said things, (even though they're already available! crazy, right?!), because I have zero chance of wearing them in this 100degree, HUMID climate I'm so very blessed to live in... (<< sarcasm). I denied myself the pleasure of purchasing an adorable pink leopard print cardigan at Macy's the other day, for the very reason that I don't want it sitting in my closet -untouched and unloved- until October, if even then! It would be unfair to me, my closet, and the cardigan. Have I ever talked about how much I love cardigans? I own three very cute ones that I wore all last Fall.  I'm dying to wear them again! But just as I sit here moping about how much I despise this season every year, I figure the only thing I can do to keep me somewhat cheerful until the glorious Autumn is to experiment with my Summer clothes.  I hate being outside any more than I absolutely have to, but I've been religiously wearing my denim short shorts paired with my five inch wedges for every necessary outing, and it makes me feel pretty damn fabulous.

But every girl needs a bit of variety...

While channel-surfing earlier in the morning today, I stumbled upon the (2004) movie Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights, (a movie I hadn't seen since I was sixteen!), and decided to watch. Yes, I know it's a total cheesy chick-flick/prequel/remake/whatever, but it's actually a fun one. And the one thing I kept thinking in my head throughout the whole thing was that, "DAMN. This Katey (Romola Garai) girl has the PERFECT SUMMER WARDROBE".  Lookee:


The setting is the late 1950's, which instantly makes it a huge plus, because everything she wore had a perfect vintage kind of feel to it: full circle skirts and cute tops. But it takes place in Cuba, an island country in the Caribbean Sea known for it's warm/tropical weather-year round, so there was definitely a lot more skin being shown in halter dresses and spaghetti straps. I loved it all!!





It makes me want to hit up thrift stores in search of cute, printed summer dresses and skirts..


..maybe even a a dress fit for ballroom dancing. HA.


All I know is that re-watching this movie certainly made Summer seem not so bad anymore.  We'll see how long that lasts.

<3

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails