Thursday, December 1, 2011

This is my December...

^ ^ taken from a really old, rare/unreleased Linkin Park song that I used to love.



I don't turn my computer on very much, these days.  Since I have a Blackberry, I can pretty much check anything out on the internet that I want to, when I want to, so the computer kind of seems pointless sometimes.  Not to mention the fact that the freaking thing refuses to cooperate with me, half the time, but I digress.  My point is I finally decided to come play with this old hunk of junk for a good while today because I needed a break.  Fashion school eats up ALL of my time, this semester.  I purposely stayed away from all the sewing I am currently doing because it was stressing me out. It might not be a good idea, with the tight deadline I have, but I needed to breathe.

When I'm on my computer, I usually spend my time browsing videos on YouTube... my favorite past time.  I caught a little bit of footage from Tuesday's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, that I didn't get to see on t.v., looked up some videos of songs that I hadn't heard in a while, and took a second, better look at Katy Perry's latest offering. 

I do admire that girl - she seems very down to earth and her sense of style is adorably genius.  Her music, on the other hand?? Ehhh. Kind of hit or miss for me. The song (and video) of hers from this album that I like the most is the "Alien" one, but it kind of seems like the least popular for some reason..??  ANYways, I became really interested in seeing the new video for the song "The One that Got Away" because I heard it features Diego Luna, (of Dirty Dancing Havana Nights - which I've blogged about!).  It's a cute, if a bit predictable, video. You see scenes of Katy as an elderly woman, (which she actually makes a really pretty one, and oddly enough, it also seems like one of the more tame costumes she's done in the past few videos!).  The "old Katy" is seen reminiscing about her first love, (i.e. Diego), who just happens to be "the one that got away". And I say it was a predictable video because, come on... did you honestly not see the whole "dood drives his car off a cliff and dies" thing coming from a mile away??? Sheesh. 

But, yeah, I guess it's still a little sad.




My favorite scene is the one where they crash a dance/party: Katy shows up in a super pretty pink gown and Diego is wearing a Sid Vicious-style black leather jacket with pins all over it, and his hair all slicked back, rockabilly style.  Not going to lie: my heart totally skipped a beat at that ;)


The scene, unfortunately, is too short and quick that I wasn't able to get a good enough screenshot.





I think they make a cute couple.
HA.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails