Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Everyone hail to the Pumpkin Song!

Happy Day After Halloween!!! (...and Dia de los Muertos!)



I hope everyone had a spooky night.  I chose to stay home and get dressed up to hand out candy to the neighborhood kiddies.  Not the most exciting of ideas, I know, but I actually enjoy it :)
The past few years, I've avoided buying mass produced costumes and use items from my own closet to come up with something fun, instead.  But when it came down to the initial ideas I had this year, I have to admit I wasn't feeling any of them.  And after trying on some of the clothes I planned on using, I realized that they just weren't going to work... I got frustrated. But I had to think of something on the spot!  So I stared at the pile of clothes on my bed and noticed the rib cage shirt... and my bowler hat... and lo and behold, I was inspired by the dancing skeleton from the Corpse Bride movie:






I did a skull-face makeup using white face powder and black eyeshadow and lipstick.  Added skeleton hand gloves, a bowtie, a wig and bowler, my ribcage shirt, ruffled dress and striped tights, and voila!! Girly Dancing Skeleton!!


Well, okay, I didn't do much "dancing".  But maybe I should have, because that could have kept the mosquitoes from biting. I don't know if anyone actually understood my costume, however, because two kids asked me if I was a "zombie", (umm.. no?), and then a few others were too scared to approach me.  (Hahahaha).

But at the end of the night, I was happy.  I love Halloween :)

After the trick or treaters stopped coming, I went back inside and drifted off to sleep watching Queen of the Damned - (I've seen it a billion times).  Maybe next year I should dress as something "cuter" so that I don't give little kids nightmares.

But that wouldn't be much fun, would it?? ;)

3 comments:

HMJ said...

I love the makeup! super cool! Love!

Gaby, held on by wires. said...

Thank you, Crafty Princess!! <3

TP said...

Cool! I happened to film a skull make up tutorial for Dia De Los Muertos with an Austin make up artist for my work in October too! http://vimeo.com/30769755

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails