Sunday, November 8, 2009

I will brush off all the dirt. (And I will pretend it didn't hurt).

currently listening to: Placebo



I feel so empty inside when I neglect my blog. I've had this same headache for at least two days now and I somehow screwed my knee up at some point today and now I am walking with a limp (how glamorous of me)...But, hey, I'm alive, dear readers.

And it's better late than never to blab about stylish people, right? I knew it would inevitably occur, but it's getting tougher and tougher to find worthy people to bestow as "Stylish Rockstars of the Week".

But it just makes it all the sweeter when I finally DO stumble upon someone. Yaaay. Check it:



I SPY: STYLISH ROCKSTARS OF THE WEEK - WEEK ELEVEN - PLACEBO


What can I say. If you don't know who they are - if you're not familiar with their music - well, I just feel sorry for you. I think they are one of my top favourite bands of all time. I guess because they hold such special meaning for me. I was introduced to their music through one of my bestest friends, whom I haven't seen in years. She moved to England some time ago, and we've only been able to keep in touch through emails. But it's been some time since I heard from her and I miss her terribly. She's one of the few, (very few), people on this planet that has ever actually, TRULY, believed in me. I miss her encouraging words these days. But I know that she'd be proud of me, if she knew what I've been up to this past year ;)

But anyways.

My point is, Placebo are one of those acts that changes lives for the better. One way or another, these guys save souls. Period. (Oh yeah, and they're super nice to their fans. I met them once. One of the greatest experiences of my life).

Which makes it all the more amazing to me that after all this time, (fifteen years, to be exact?), they are JUST NOW receiving an MTV EUROPE MUSIC AWARD...????!?!?!

I mean, not that a VMA holds much merit or makes you all that worthy of anything, but holy effing shit, man. These guys are HUGE in Europe, and they're just NOW getting one of these godforsaken things?!?! For shame. Just goes to show you that the mainstream doesn't ever know any better.


But wow, I'm rambling here.

Yes. I looked up the little snippet of the awards ceremony from earlier this week (Thursday, I think?), and of course I knew I'd be proud of what they were wearing. Namely, Stefan Olsdal, (master bass player).

He had on the most awesome white blazer jacket, with black pinstripes on the front. And I *could* be mistaken about this, but it looks like there is this really neat pleating detail on the back. (If you stare at the video, you can glimpse it around 0:24 - am I crazy or does anyone else see what I see?).

It (the pleating detail) reminds me so much of the skirt I just finished for class. Which I'll have pictures of tomorrow, I hope. It's amazing what one can do with fabric. The tiniest detail makes for the coolest designs.

I tried to find some cool similar jackets online, for anyone who wants to be fashionable, but all I really found was this:



It's a neat little vest with cool detailing on the white back. I believe the brand is Marc Ecko and it's on clearance on macy's.com for $30. I think it'd look awesome paired with white skinny jeans, a la Stefan ;)



But if you'd rather dress like Brian, (who was effortlessly and CLASSICALLY stylish in a black blazer), I really liked this DKNY, fitted black jacket from macys.com as well:



TOO BAD IT COSTS $600.

Haha.


I wonder what designers/labels Placebo were wearing. Probably expensive ones ;)



Watch my sweet darlings in their glory:







CATCH UP ON PREVIOUS "I SPY" POSTS:

WEEK ONE: WILLIAM CONTROL

WEEK TWO: MIKEY MARTIN (SHINY TOY GUNS)

WEEK THREE: CINEMA BIZARRE

WEEK FOUR: MAT DEVINE (KILL HANNAH)

WEEK FIVE: MUSE

WEEK SIX: MATT BELLAMY (MUSE)

WEEK SEVEN: MAT DEVINE (KILL HANNAH)

WEEK EIGHT: CHRIS CORNER (IAMX)

WEEK NINE: LILY ALLEN

WEEK TEN: DOMINIC HOWARD (MUSE)





<3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails