Thursday, November 6, 2008

News guy wept when he told us Earth was really dying...cried so much that his face was wet, and I knew he was not lying.

So I've been having insomnia again lately, and when I don't feel like reading I'll break out the ipod and listen to random stuff that I haven't listened to in a while. Last night I started off with Shiny Toy Guns, but then for some strange reason, I had an urge to listen to all the "older" kind of music I have on my playlist. (Mainly 60's stuff, I think). I started with David Bowie, followed by John Lennon, The Carpenters, Skeeter Davis... and after that I went to the 70's with Sex Pistols (LOVE them... more in second paragraph), and then to the early 90's (I think?) with The Cure. Then after the initial craving for that stuff disappeared, I ended my restlessness with Ladytron and a Zombie Girl remix of a Mortiis song. How's THAT for random?!?!

So yeah. SEX PISTOLS. Holy crap, I love those guys. My favourite song off of "Never Mind the Bollocks" is "No Feelings". And my favourite line from that song is "you follow me around like a pretty pot of glue". HAHA. What does that even mean?! Ahhh. One of my best friends and I always used to fantasize about being able to travel back in time to the late 70's so we could follow the Pistols around on tour. Bromley Contingent, anyone?

Which reminds me: one of my classmates in one of my fashion classes is this sweet, older English woman named Rosemary. The other day I overheard a conversation she was having with another classmate about The Beatles, and Rosemary mentioned that she saw them once, I think at a press interview or something. She was standing really close to them and yelled out a question or something to John Lennon... and John Lennon actually responded.

How's that for awesome?


John Lennon 2 Pictures, Images and Photos




Hunky Dory (David Bowie) Pictures, Images and Photos




Johnny Rotten Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails