Thursday, June 24, 2010

Taste me. Drink my soul... I belong to the night.










So I think everybody can agree that it's a little risky for actors to "cross over" into music, and vice versa, when musicians cross into acting. It could either work really freaking well, or be a COMPLETE. DISASTER.

Enter Taylor Momsen of Gossip Girl fame: she's breaking out into the rock music world with a band, The Pretty Reckless.

I like the name. I heard a couple of songs earlier this year. And all in all, I think this just might work for her. I guess what I like the most is that she seems to genuinely try to be herself and not give a crap what Hollywood critics might say. She strikes me as being REAL, independent, and mature, rather than FAKE, and obnoxious like some other famous kids her age, currently running around out there, acting like "rockers"... (don't make me say their names).

Some people think Taylor is dressing "too sexy" in this new role, but I have to say that it's really not that bad. She's mature enough to get away with it. And, Hell, if I had the legs to pull off fishnets like that, I totally would. And I want the black slip/dress thing she's wearing in the performance part of the video for the song "Make me wanna Die". It looks comfy.

Bottom line is, the girl actually has an unexpectedly good voice and this band's sound really suits her. Not to mention, the tunes are pretty catchy.

Also, I respect people who embrace their "dark" side ;)


Check out the song/video for "Make me wanna Die", below, and tell me what YOU think:











the ONLY thing that bothers me with this song, is that it seems to have taken a line directly from Garbage's "Number One Crush": "I would die for you/I would lie for you/I would steal for you".

HMMMMMMMMMM.


<3

7 comments:

Asylum Dolly said...

Hmm, when you speak of annoying pretend rockers you wouldn't happen to meam Ms. Avril Lavigne would you? (cannot stand her!)

I loves fishnets and suspenders! I have lots of them now :) I do NOT have those legs though! Damn.
I don't think she is looking overly slutty or anything either. No miley cyrus goings on here :D

Unknown said...

I see nothing wrong with an actor wanting to explore different avenues of the entertainment business. I don't think it should be held against them for growing as an entertainer. If it works, great....if it doesn't at least they had the balls to try!

Anonymous said...

i like this song! her voice suprises me.. i suppose i expected her to be like Jenny in gossip girl...
good on her for not being in some crappy little poppy band and trying something different.
I also like the name! :D

Law1sfab said...

I can't believe how young she is, amazing picture's. Thanks for sharing.
How are you BTW, been up to much? Have a great weekend xxxx

Gaby, held on by wires. said...

Asylum Dolly: Fishnets and suspenders!! Where do you buy yours from? I need some good ones ;P


Jill: "If it works, great....if it doesn't at least they had the balls to try!" Exactly!! :D



kimmyskawiikitchen: Yeah, I was expecting "Jenny" too, but I'm pleasantly surprised with her REAL self. Thanks for stopping by :)



Vintage and Cake: Thank you, doll. I've been up to lots of things, actually. Keeping very busy these days ;) Have a great weekend as well! <3

Asylum Dolly said...

I gets 'em from all sorts of places- sometimes ebay, sometimes department stores, or adult stores! I just love vintage style lingerie! I can highly recommend ebay actually, as there always seems to be a pretty extensive collection of stuff to choose from, and within reasonable price ranges :)

Anonymous said...

Taylor Momsen is a talented young girl. Something this generation's seen too little of.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails