Thursday, December 9, 2010

it seems the stranger is always you.

I'm waiting for 2010 to be over.  It's been hard for me to find meaning in anything that I do anymore.  Especially 'blogging'.  But I did decide to give this old thing a long overdue makeover and... I suppose it sort of helps to inspire me, in a way.  But it's going to take a lot more than visuals to help with everything else.  I just need someone, or something, to 'get me out of my head'.  I just quoted my current favourite song.  In case you're wondering, yes, it's by My Chemical Romance. And, yes, I've still been listening to that album every single day. No, I'm not sick of it. And yes, if it were up to me, I'd blog and blab about them all day, every day. But apparently other people exist in this world and for some unknown reason I actually worry about 'boring' them.  Huh. I mean, really, now. Where does that come from? As if it wasn't already enough worrying about innocent people being jailed for speaking out against wrongdoings committed by powerful idiots and about ALL the other shit that happens on this planet, I actually worry about BORING COMPLETE STRANGERS.

Go figure.

But since that happens to be the case, here's a non-MCR-related post. (In case anyone gives even half a damn).

So I open up my inbox today to find the latest newsletter offerings from the world of Nylon magazine, and it turns out that the male-targeted version of that publication has decided to put Michael Pitt on it's cover. He's always been a bit of a 'lesser known' actor, (or at least he has been for the oblivious masses), but most of the TRULY 'cool' people know who he is and it seems he has quite the diehard fan following.  I, for one, first became intrigued by him the first time I watched the movie Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and absolutely adored his character, Tommy Gnosis

(Great movie, by the way. With quite possibly one of the best soundtracks that ever existed).




I don't know what it is, but something about this guy just makes me wonder if he's a different species.

Not only can he act, he can also sing.
No, not even 'sing'... More like croon
He's naturally edgy, unique, original... all the stuff that muses are made of.








And as the photo teasers that the Nylon site offered up today prove: all he has to do is sit there, and you can just feel the effortless coolness emanating from his pores. Speaking strictly from a (wannabe) photographer's point of view, he seems like he'd be really inspiring to work with.

There needs to be more people like this in the world.




PHOTOS BY: GUY AROCH - NylonGUYS magazine, January 2011


So yeah.
I look forward to getting my hands on this issue and reading the interview. Oh, and if I ever get my hands on one of his albums, (yes apparently he's recorded one and is about to release a new one), I'll be sure to let everyone know how it is.




For anyone who reads this, feel free to share who you think is uniquely interesting and worthy of a magazine cover, NylonGUYS or otherwise. I'm curious to know :)

4 comments:

Ginny said...

I was just talking about him because of Boardwalk Empire. I love him.

Law1sfab said...

Firstly yes i need this year over too, I am so loving the makeover, I love the background kitten. OMG I am in love with Michael Pitt did you see him in last days !!!so, so fit ! He is such a great actor too. I hope you get your love back for blogging hunni, maybe mix it up a bit I did feels good to talk about everything and anything you want. I do love your man candy posts :) xxxxx

Gaby, held on by wires. said...

Ginny: I know! I remember when I first saw the commercial for that show and I was like "is that MICHAEL PITT?!?!" Yayness :)


Vintage and Cake: Thank you so much!! I appreciate your comments, always :)

Anonymous said...

AAAAAGGGGHHH! I had to comment on this post first, because i LOOOOOOVE Hedwig and the Angry Inch!!!!! It's absolutely hilarious in parts, but still manages to be quite touching too. And all of the actors were perfect. I can't even remember her name, but how amazing was that chick that played Hedwigs partner in the band? I never even realised it was a woman playing that role until the end!! Incredible.
I hadn't really heard of anything else this Micheal pitt guy had done since, so fanx for enlightening us! ♥
x Bon (i'm keeping my new bloggy persona seperate, because he has to stay "in character" so to speak, hehe)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails