Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I want you to notice what you've been missing.

The other day I went to the mall and walked into the Vans store and they were playing "Little Things" by Good Charlotte. I was temporarily taken back to the 7th grade when that song was actually cool. I had to get out of there asap. It was making me too uneasy.

Today I forgot that it was (apparently) Ash Wednesday so when I kept seeing all these people with black crosses on their foreheads, the first thing that came to mind was all those crazy Charles Mansonites of the 60's (or whatever decade that was) that used to carve crosses into their foreheads. I guess I thought some of them might still be around, but I was too bummed out to really care. Yeah. I was kinda out of it today.

I don't understand why people can't figure out how to use the credit card machines at my workplace. There's a picture RIGHT THERE of how you're supposed to insert your card (magnetic strip side up) and it says "insert and remove quickly". Yet nearly EVERY SINGLE customer still asks me how to put it in. Like... honestly?? are you blind?

OHMYGOD.. and today... this lady actually asked me if GELATO is a mixture of Jello and Ice cream.

Seriously?

Seriously.

This quote says it all:

“I believe I have no prejudices whatsoever. All I need to know is that a man is a member of the human race. That's bad enough for me.” - Mark Twain

Hi, I'm a misanthrope. What the hell are you?

Lastly, I never thought I'd see the day when an actual band consisting of James Iha and one of the Hanson brothers would form. I don't know about you guys, but I think I'll be filing that under "Signs of the Apocalypse":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ethkTyEfAjU

The End.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I don't know what is up with "Tinted Windows" but I hear Hanson and want to barf

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails