Friday, February 27, 2009

get your body beat.

I hate getting angry at people I love. I truly do. But sometimes they leave me no choice. When I reach out and ask for compassion from somebody because of something that made me sad, I don't need you to state your opinions in a harsh way that only serves to make me feel worse. And I don't need you to forcefully shove your stubborn beliefs down my throat. All I wanted was a pat on the back. If you were too careless to see that... well. I have nothing more to say to you.
Possibly ever again.

But anyways...

I think I've talked about this before, but sometimes in the dead of night, when I'm lying in bed, unable to sleep for -insertwhateverreasonhere-, I find myself getting these weird, sudden cravings to hear certain songs by certain artists that I haven't even thought of in years. The other night, I suddenly wanted to listen to the band, Thursday. I have copies of two of their albums, but I can't find the one that I ACTUALLY want to listen to. So I'm stuck with the other one, but I don't know if I feel like listening to it tonight. I hate losing cd's. I lost one of my favourite Antiflag ones, not too long ago... and I've been wanting to listen to it since then, but I have no idea where it is. I have the box. But the actual cd is nowhere to be found. It's been lost since before I had an ipod, so I was never able to upload it onto there either. Boo. I remember when Muse's Origin of Symmetry album was lost... for the looooooongest time. When I finally found it, I popped it in my cd player and haven't been able to stop since. I think it's my favourite Muse album. You simply MUST listen to it in one sitting. In the dark. With your eyes closed, for best results ;)

Oh, just now, while watching tons of Dresden Dolls vids on youtube, (eee...Brian Viglione makes my heart flutter), I had a sudden urge to hear No Doubt's song "New". Which is weird 'cause I was never even a fan of No Doubt's work from that album onwards... I think "New" is the ONLY song I liked off of Return to Saturn. And that's it. Nothing can ever compare to Tragic Kingdom.

Last night, while perusing my artist list on my ipod, I passed over The Distillers, (which I had recently uploaded onto it, yet hadn't actually listened to yet), and I had a real desire to click on it, so I did. I was taken back to high school when I was in love with that album, Coral Fang. (I can't remember what grade that was, though.. I think 10th). If you're curious about the album, check out the songs "The Hunger", "Hall of Mirrors", and "For Tonight You're Only Here to Know". My top 3... tonight, I found their other album of theirs that I have, Sing Sing Death House, and it is now synched in my ipodzzzz. Best song off of that album is "City of Angels".

And after all that I end my night with listening to Combichrist's "Get Your Body Beat"...(which is totally fun to dance to). How's that for a total 360???


The Distillers Pictures, Images and Photos
No Doubt Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

which thursday album do you need? i've got Full Collapse and War All The Time that i could send you

-tp

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails