Friday, September 4, 2009

Love songs... they kill me.

currently listening to: Kill Hannah - "Living in Misery", Cinema Bizarre - random stuffies on youtube.




SO. I realized that I almost forgot to post my weekly "I Spy" post!! Not good. So let's jump right on into it before Friday is over!

As I said in my last "I Spy" post, I've been having trouble finding people to blog about. Just because we're in a recession doesn't mean we have to start dressing drab and boring, people!

Yeah, but anyways...

Earlier in this week, whilst frequenting my fave band's forum, I came across a post by my loverly fellow, um, forum-er (??), Dazzlenacht - (HI IF YOU READ THIS!) - in which she mentioned the possible homage to M. Devine of Kill Hannah's signature under-eye makeup by the singer of the German band Cinema Bizarre.

Naturally, I was intrigued and curious to find out more. I mean, jeez, ever since I quit working at Hot Topic, I just don't have any clue what it is that the "kids are listening to these days". I feel like I'm missing out on vital leads to "future potential clients" and whatnot. Gah. After viewing pictures of these guys, and doing research on the 'ol youtubes to find out more about them, (like I did with those Lost Alone guys not too long ago) , I realized something... but it's something I've kind of known my entire life:

Those Europeans are onto something. And we Americans have a lot to learn.

But then I realized something ELSE:

These European doods are quite OBVIOUSLY inspired by the Japanese music scene. (They even have Japanese sounding stage names like KIRO, and SHIN!). So, all in all, it's the JAPANESE that are onto something. (AS IF WE DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW). And the whole freaking rest of the world is so far behind in the times that it's not even funny.

Ok, now I'm just rambling. Apologies.

So without further ado, I present...



I SPY: STYLISH ROCK STARS OF THE WEEK - WEEK THREE - CINEMA BIZARRE


They look like anime characters. And they dress like them too.

But not in a completely cheesy, cosplay-convention kid kind of way.



CHECK OUT THE FEATHERS. HOW GORGEOUS.

And studs and chains are always rock and roll classics.

I love when guys wear black suit vests by themselves.


They kinda remind me of the Jrock band Alice Nine. (They totally rock, too).



This is what I found on their myspace profile: (the broken English is kinda cute).


CINEMA BIZARRE.

That name sums up perfectly this five piece Berlin based band.
The individual look, the explosive shows and the glamour of the movies tied in with a sound that refuses to be pigeonholed. First and foremost there is the music:
Synthpop, New Wave, Electro, Rock and Pop merges into some kind of
GLAMOROUS POP.
But CINEMA BIZARRE is not only meant to be heard but also to be seen. Look into their universe, these guys have a passion for visuality. Addicted to fashion, inspired by the Japanese youth culture Visual Kei, the boys pull off a package full of androgynity, desire and controversy since their theme is
STYLE IS WAR.


***


Addicted to Fashion, eh?? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!?

All in all, I think it's not bad. Not bad at all. I look forward to learning more on these guys. See if they can't teach mainstream American bands to have a little more guts and creativity when it comes to fashion and the whole androgyny thing, which has been disappearing in the music scene lately... (Ahhhh, I just got an idea for a new post. But anyways...)

If you're curious to find out more, check out Cinema's video for my favourite song, "Love Songs (They Kill Me)":

CLICK FOR VIDEO




Let the "Style War" begin :)
<3



READ PREVIOUS "I SPY" POSTS:

WEEK ONE: WILLIAM CONTROL

WEEK TWO: MIKEY MARTIN (SHINY TOY GUNS)





2 comments:

one little simitopian said...

Ah yes, the Japanese and their influential fashion. They are millenia ahead of everybody else! Aww, that myspace profile is cute >.< "a passion for visuality" and full of "androgynity" :)

Dazzlenacht said...

"I just don't have any clue what it is that the kids are listening to these days." lol

:DD HII forum fellow!

Check out 'Forever or Never'. It has a remarkable video. Also note how it's similar to 'Forever & Never' haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails