Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It ain't the money, and is sure as hell ain't just for the fame. (It's for the bodies I claim, and those only go so far...)

currently listening to: My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Muthafucking Revenge



Who remembers Barbie?? I think most (if not ALL) girls out there have owned at least ONE of these dollies in their lifetime. (As for me, well, I had a ton!). Let's forget about all the negativity associated with the woman for a second, how unreal her body is and whatnot.. (boo hoo), and just concentrate on the one thing that can't be ignored: They put her in some of the most gorgeous clothes EVER.

I saw a commercial for this new Barbie yesterday, and I was beyond intrigued:

It's Barbie and the THREE MUSKETEERS, PEOPLE!!!


This first picture isn't that clear, but I fell in love with the MASKS:

And she comes with a SWORD!!!!!!



I don't know about you, but I totally wanna be the purple one for halloween. (Er, excuse me, HAVOKwe'en).


And if I recall correctly, Austin Scarlett (one of my all time favourite designers from the first season of Project Runway), had a collection of musketeer-inspired looks a few years ago:



And he's also known to dress like one himself. But I couldn't find a good picture of that :(



And while we're on the subject of fashion, you know the best part about going to fashion school is? The homework! I get to pore over fashion magazines to look for good pictures to use in collages!!! My first assignment for fashion history class is finding random celebrities and models to collage in ancient Egyptian dress. I'm almost pretty darn sure that I'm in the right profession here...

Jealous much?



<3
be back later, I hope! I have so much to blog about!!

p.s. Check out my fabulous friend's Etsy shop!!! CLICK HERE FOR CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

one little simitopian said...

Yes i am jealous! You are definitely travelling the right path there-making a career out of something you're passionate about is a surefire way to lead a meaningful and fulfilled life. You go girl!
Oh those barbie outfits! LOVE. I saw a Wizard of Oz "Dorothy" Barbie a little while back, and I wish i had've bought it. Sigh! I think you can get the Tin Man too.
Ooh i love that Austin Scarlett outfit..I would wear that in a second. Love the lacy cravat.

I clicked the link to the Etsy shop, and lo and behold it's mine!!!!! Awwwwwww!!!! You made me smile a big goofy smile. Thanks so much, I'm flattered and honoured! >.<

I am dying of anticipation to see your stuff! I'll go check out your flickr asap too :)
happy creating!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails