Sunday, October 10, 2010

a season of poison will bring the darkness soon





 I'm always late in watching movies that everyone else has already watched ages ago.. and I'm also late in blogging about them.  I watched this movie, Pan's Labyrinth, (or El Laberinto del Fauno, for my fellow Spanish speaking peeps) LAST weekend. (Not to be confused with Bowie's Labyrinth).


This is a Spanish fantasy movie that I thought was more or less meant for little kids, but it was more suited for grownups as it was uber dark and sad.  It's a heart wrenching story about a little girl caught in that horrible place in time when she'd like to remain "little" and "innocent" as long as she can, but everyone else around her is forcing her to "grow up" and see her ugly world for what it really is.


this dood was actually pretty creepy.




So what's a young kid to do?  Immerse herself in her story books, that's what.  When everything else around her seems to be crumbling to jagged pieces, she manages to escape to immensely IMAGINATIVE other worlds with the help of my favourite character that I like to refer to as the Freaky Faun:




The Freaky Faun!!!!!!!




I won't say much else about what happens, but basically, it's one of those films whose message stays with you for a looooong time after.

At least, it was for me.

<3

1 comment:

Law1sfab said...

I love this film I have watched it about 50 times, I love the story it is dark but magical too. The end is so sad I always cry, I still love it. Great post xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails