Sunday, May 24, 2009

I am terrified. (I think too much).

Dear Lazy Sunday, it's been a while...












I want to know when keeping in touch became such a chore. Remember when people used to call each other, "just because"? I think I miss snail mail the most, though. When I was younger I had various pen pals from all over the country. There was nothing more fun than buying cute stationary and gel pens to draw cute pictures with. And the checking of your mailbox each day, just waiting to see if there's a new envelope decorated with cute stickers addressed to you and you alone. But for some reason our correspondence never lasted. I imagine that maybe a letter or two got lost in the mail... but maybe the lack of replying was a forewarning to how things would be in the future.



Nobody tells stories anymore. And those that do don't get heard anymore. Because nobody cares. The internet has become our imaginary best friend, that we can talk endlessly to whenever we want. Saying and showing whatever we want. It's funny because when you really think about it, the only one you're "talking" to is yourself. And you tell yourself what you want to hear.



Putting real people aside gets kind of old after a while.



We are modern kids living through a screen... the computer erased our hearts.


I'm never getting those $20 back. I don't know why I ever spent them in the first place.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails